- Julie Bauer's Paleo Cookbook. The recipes are simple, but delicious and made with whole foods. I am down over 20lbs since starting this Whole30 lifestyle twelve weeks ago.
- BBG 1.0 with my workout buddy, Henry. I'm on week ten, but my three-year-old still does better burpees than me. If you're not following @kayla_itsines on IG, you should because her online community is inspiring! Your welcome.
- "One man's trash is another man's treasure." My first ever DIY furniture project was a success. I sanded, stained and waxed this old pine table all by myself. The finished product:
- We traveled to Toronto for our niece and nephew's joint birthday party. We also go to meet our newest little niece, Tamlyn. She is an adorable little meatball. For the drive, I bought Henry a magnetic drawing board to keep him busy. "Look mom, I spelled your name." This kid kills me, I tell ya!
- Co-sleeping snuggles with Rosie. Currently reading: Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids by Dr. Laura Markham. I recommend it.
- "Teaching children about the natural world should be treated as one of the most important events in their lives." - Thomas Berry
- Earlier in the day, Rosie's long hair was curled and pinned back with a sweet little bow. She wore a cream dress and tiny pink ballerina flats and melted the hearts of all the parishioners at the Mother's Day mass. I wish I took a picture, but instead I took a photo of Rosie wearing her brother's hand-me-downs and pushing a lawnmower.
- Photobooth fun with my favourite people.
Summer is almost here and I can't wait! Wishing you all a happy May long weekend.