- Ottawa's secret pond.This city beach paradise is a perfect playground for toddlers. I took Henry to the mystical oasis for a playdate earlier in the week, but we packed a picnic and went back on Saturday because we didn't want Mike to miss out on all the fun.
- This black bean and corn salad I made. So fresh and delicious.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Boil corn for 10 minutes. Remove corn from the water and let cool. Cut the kernels off the cob in strips.
- Rinse beans well and set aside.
- Add beans, corn, red onion, red bell pepper and cilantro to salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a mini food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Before serving, add advocado and toss salad.
- The July issue of Today's Parent and a Laura Secord chocolate bar. The perfect rainy day activity while Henry naps.
- My article Oakpark Resident Marks Unique Milestone: 90th Birthday has been published in the Riverview Park Review. Page 18! You can read the local newspaper here.
- Novelty pregnancy shirts. This is my new maternity workout top!
Wishing you all a week of happiness!