Here are a few things, in the midst of my coughing attacks, that brought happiness to our lives...
- The "sock bun". The hairdo has been sported by Jennifer Lopez, Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Conrad. I think the versatile ballerina bun is great for all occasions. I wear it to go to the grocery store.
- Padraig baby slippers. I finally found a pair for Henry at my favourite baby boutique. These cozy cuties are made in Canada by hand using 100% sheep wool, sheepskin and leather.
- Girls night. My best friends and I went to The Mud Oven to celebrate Sarah's twenty-eighth birthday. We ate cupcakes and laughed at inappropriateness as we painted ceramic plates. It was fun! I would post a picture of my decorated dish, but it has been loaded into a kiln for firing.
- Henry's new ride. We bought him the Jeep 3-in-1 Ride-On for his birthday because I read every one-year-old needs a walker. The high-back seat turns the Jeep into a walker, but Henry is now strolling along furniture and I worried he might outgrow his new toy. So, we gave him his first 4x4 early. Now he's standing all by himself for a few seconds at a time!
- Baby gymnastics. Henry and his friends love exploring the foam pit, trampolines, tunnels, slides and soft-play obstacles. The program increases their curiosity, motor skills and confidence.
- Adventures of Henry and Harry.
We're dog sitting this week and Henry couldn't be happier. The first thing Henry says when he wakes up is "dog" and then he spends the rest of his day chasing the puppy around. In an effort to give Harry a break from the baby, I built a makeshift baby gate to separate them. My crazy contraption included kitchen chairs, a baby-proof cabinet lock and free weights to hold the gate in place. It took Henry about two minutes to break through my homemade baby jail.
My baby is the Hulk. I blame baby gymnastics.
I'm excited to announce the winner of my Thanksgiving giveaway! (generated by random.org)
Winner of the $50 Moxie's giftcard: Commenter #6, Nicole Melanson:
I love baking pies too! What wonderful memories you are creating. The turkey handprints are fantastic love the poem !! Haven't been to moxies in ages. Goodluck everyone!
Congratulations Nicole! Please email your contact info to email@example.com and I'll have your Thanksgiving treat to you asap.
Halloween is a week away and I'm looking forward to it big time. Here's a sneek peek of Henry's first costume...