I have always treated August 15th as if it's New Years. On my birthday, I like to reflect on what I've learned and what I've accomplished in the past year. I also take the time to set new goals for myself.
So, here we go! Twenty-seven in review:
- I loved being pregnant. I was sick for weeks, but I would do it all over again in a second. I loved watching my belly grow and feeling his strong kicks.
- I got to experience one of life's greatest surprises. We decided we didn't want to find out the gender of our baby and it was definitely worth the wait. I loved the anticipation and felt so much joy when the doctor said "It's a boy!"
- I became a mother to the most wonderful baby boy in the whole world. I feel so blessed to have experienced this overwhelming new love.
- I discovered motherhood has given me a new found confidence. My body doesn't quite look like it did before, but I feel great. I think a woman's face changes in a really beautiful way once they've had a baby. I believe it's their inner beauty radiating through. I wouldn't trade my post-baby face for anything, not even my pre-pregnancy waist.
- My handsome hubby and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. He's truly amazing and I'm loving this journey we're on together.
- Despite being a new mom, I signed up for a writing course this year because it's something I've always wanted to do. The program is challenging and has made me fall deeper in love with writing.
- I officially became a published writer. You can read a couple of my articles here and here.
So, here's what I think about birthdays: They need to be celebrated! Whether you are five or eighty-five. It's a big deal, I mean it's the anniversary of being born!
And what's a birthday party without presents!?!...It's time for the Butternut Baby giveaway. Congratulations commentor #7, Chantsy:
Fun! I would love to go camping with V! Summer is just not long enough :( Can't believe Henry is almost about to crawl!!! xox C and V
Chantsy, please send your contact info to email@example.com and you will soon receive the Sleep 'n Cuddle Wrap!
Twenty-eight is going to be great. I can feel it. More experiences, more challenges and more fun.